Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park
GARUDA WISNU KENCANA CULTURAL PARK
This place is another beautiful place to visit during your holiday in Bali, to know more about our culture. Garuda Wisnu Kencana or most of people call GWK is built on a limestone escarpment overlooking the South Bali tourist region. Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park showcases the art and culture of the Island of the Gods amid dramatic natural backdrops and breathtaking panoramic vistas. This Garuda Wisnu Kencan located on Jalan Uluwatu, Jimbaran village, Badung regency, 20 minutes away from international airport and less than an hour from most major hotels and resorts, such as Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur, Nusa Dua. GWK is one of the island’s premier venues for artistic performances, exhibitions, and conferences as well as for sightseeing and relaxation.
GWK or Garuda Wisnu Kencana is a massive, unfinished statue in Bali that currently exists in pieces. Built by the Balinese artist Nyoman Nuarta, if completed the statue would depict the Hindu god Vishnu (or Dewa Wisnu, as he is known by the Balinese) riding aloft on his winged mount Garuda. The statue will rise 479 feet above the ground, taking first place in the world’s tallest-statues contest (compare it to the Statue of Liberty which stands 151 feet). About 4,000 tons of brass and copper will be used when completed, the statue will use.
(GWK ) GARUDA WISNU KENCANA FACILITIES:
- Lotus Pond surrounded by stone pillars and rock background Garuda bird statue’s head with a capacity of 7500 people made the area is ideal for a variety of grand performances, both national / international.
- Plaza Wisnu art shop selling various Balinese handicrafts or souvenirs
- Exhibition Hall space to hold exhibitions.
- Amphitheatre with a capacity of 800 seats and first-class acoustic arrangement is performance art.
- Street Theatre is an outdoor stage for music concerts, fashion shows and other performances.
- “Jendela Bali” Restaurant with panoramic of Jimbaran beach.
GWK ENTRANCE TICKET
GWK is one of the famous park of culture in Bali, which is not only for tourist or foreigner. Most of the student will come here for study tour end of the year when they have their school holiday. To enter this culture park, entrance ticket is charged about 100.000 Rupiah each person.